The Annual Fund is the most important fund-raiser at Sacred Heart because it supports all that we do. Monies raised allow us to enhance the daily experience in our programs and activities. Consider some of these frequently asked questions about the Annual Fund.
- I already pay tuition. Why should I give to the school?
- Tuition helps pay for, but does not cover, the costs to educate your child. In fact, after Tuition and Parish Subsidies, there remains a 25% gap with operating expenses.
- Also, tuition is not tax-deductible. Your gift to the Annual Fund is.
- There are endowments that routinely support the operations of the school. Why should I give?
- The Diocese has a goal of paying our teachers at least 80% of the USD 305 salary scale. Your gift helps us move closer to that goal.
- As new program and curricular materials are assessed, your gift allows school leadership to say “Yes!” more.
- Is this just one more fundraiser?
- No…in fact, we are “sunsetting” a number of fundraisers that contribute to that feeling of being “nickeled and dimed.”
- We will keep our hallmark experiences – the Auction, Match Madness and the Golf Tournament.
- Okay, I understand. How much do I have to contribute?
- While 100% family participation is a desired goal, only you will know what amount makes sense for you as a family.
- Consider what you can do monthly – monthly giving amplifies the impact of your donation.
- Can I designate my gift to support a specific area of the school?
- Yes, there are four buckets you can direct your gift to each year – Faith, Academic, Athletics & Activities, and Tuition Assistance.
- I’d like to lead in my giving to Sacred Heart. What is considered a leadership gift?
- Four leadership levels allow them to be recognized. We formally recognize our donors every year in our Annual Report.
- The Servant of God Society - $100-$999 – Invite to the State of the Schools Appreciation Event
- The Venerable Society - $1000-$4999 – Invite to a Tour of NW Kansas Churches
- The Blessed Society - $5000-$9999 – Invite to a Tour of the Blessed Stanley Rother Shrine (OKC)
- The Saint’s Society - +$10000 – Invite to a 3-Day Eucharistic Congress (Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN)